3.28.2011

NOLAFW: A Compelling Voice

Photobucket
(French Connection jumper + bangle, Express necklace, BCBG pumps)

Photobucket
Die for these.

This past week was the highly anticipated inaugural NOLA Fashion Week!
Since I live, work and go to school in Baton Rouge, an hour away from New Orleans, I missed out on more events than I would have liked to. Even though I came straight from the office and headed back to studio after to work some more (god I cannot wait to graduate), I was sure not to miss Creating a Compelling Voice, a discussion on national blogs and local fashion. The conversation was on everything from business tips to cheeky exchanges of blog name regrets. The panel of bloggers leading the discussion were incredibly relatable and offered great advice... and their style? Amazing. Check out their blogs:

Christine - My Style Pill, Lindsey -Saucy Glossie, Keiko - Keiko Lynn, Bobby - This Fellow

Btw, the NOLAFW event was held at the insanely fabulous Martine Chaisson Gallery on Camp Street. (The owner, Martine, is a gorgeous, accomplished women in her 20s! So impressive to own a gallery of that caliber at that age. Hats off to her - she's living the dream!)

Photobucket
Keiko + Bobby, on the far end, are the cutest couple! And can we just talk about how awesome is the name Keiko?

Photobucket
With Juley from Swank Heights, Kelby from Kelby Floyd and Rachael, part founder of NOLAFW, from Ordinarily Urbane

Photobucket
Blogging is serious business.

Photobucket
Katie from Style Cakes + Kelby

Photobucket
Gambit Reunion! Remember this?

Photobucket
With Juley + Lindsey from Saucy Glossie / Micah, my long time hairstylist and owner of 1699

Photobucket
One of my best friends. Love him to pieces.

So sad that the week had to come to a close. The shows were flawless (check out a sneek peek here, courtesy of Ordinarily Urbane). The parties phenomenal. Everything exceeded expectations which were already high! Hats off to everyone who had a hand in making it all possible and a big thanks to Andi Eaton, Rachael LaRoche and Nicholas Landry, founders of NOLAFW, for dreaming big! Cheers guys! Cannot wait 'til the next one.

xx rk

Images: NOLAFW, Lux Photographie

18 comments:

Nettie said...

You look pretty! :)

Ashley said...

I love the Jumpsuit and Heels :)

Tanvi said...

Loving the look head to toe. I am sure it was fun ... 'coz I knew how much fun I had at TxSCC and this looks kinda like that ... You make beautiful pictures :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Saucy Glossie said...

It was soo good to meet you!! We have to stay in touch!! xoxo Lindsey aka Saucy Glossie

Juley said...

Oh my we need to hang out more! So much fun - let's start brainstorming editorial shoots. Love you!

Jackie said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun! Those pumps are to die for and you look gorg!! <3

rk hall said...

@Lindsey - Yes! Totally kit!! So lovely meeting you too!

@Juley - ditto. ditto. ditto! :)

Heidi said...

Those shoes are to die for! I want them! hehe

You look gorgeous as always and looks like you had tons of fun. :)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Aw, I'm so jealous you got to go to NOLAFW. I absolutely adore Rach and wish I could have been there. From all the photos I've seen around the blog world, it looks like it was an amazing time! Hopefully it will only get bigger and better from here and I'll be able to make it next time!

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Love your outfit! I agree, those shoes are to die for!

Lindsey Turner
http:thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Everyone and everything looked just fabulous and I love it how the atmosphere still seemed to have been really cozy. You're just a beauty, amazing hair! Good to know who's behind it now, ha

P.S. Thanks a lot for the super sweet shout out, Rachel! Having just gotten back from my vacation last week, I'm still tryign to get back into the swing of things internet-wise and although I have thanked you for the mention on my blog's FB page, haven't had a chance to stop by and comment until now! (Will also give you a thank in my March newsletter tomorrow ;-) )

Baby Budget Blog said...

Really great shoes!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Rach is Ordinarily Urbane said...

Oh my gosh you are so ridiculously gorgeous! Thank you for the sweet words and a billion times over for being a part of NOLA FW. We need to schedule another trio reunion soon!! xo

De Vero said...

Lovely style you have! Those hels are to die for!

http://de-vero.blogspot.com

valuevillageandgoodwill said...

Such a fun read today.

glitteryeyesxx said...

I found you through Juley's blog. Glad I discovered your blog---you're like a breath of fresh air! Fashion plus architecture, really interesting but amazing combination! Looking forward to your future posts =)

ahline a. said...

aww very cute pic of you and your bestie

xoxo
Food+Fashion+Travel=Love

Julie Khuu said...

You look FAB as usual honey...Love that shot of neon in your kicks...I swear Keiko and her boy are THE cutest couple in the blogosphere...super kawaii :P TGIF doll, enjoy your weekend!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog